How to Make Over $5,000 Monthly Writing on the Internet : Secret to financial freedom

How to Make Over $5,000 Monthly Writing on the Internet: The Secret to Financial Freedom



A few years ago, if someone had told me I could make a living just by writing online, I would have laughed. Yet, here I am—having published many articles, secured writing jobs, and built a sustainable income stream from my words.

The beauty of online writing is its unpredictability. You don’t need to be the best writer or have a background in literature to succeed. I studied business administration and even left my final year because I wanted to carve my own path. Writing was one of the many side hustles I tried, but it was the only one I truly enjoyed.

I loved the flexibility—being able to write from anywhere, at any time. More importantly, I loved the idea that my words could reach people across the world and even help them.

If I had to start over, I would give myself a notebook filled with these key lessons. I’ve broken them down into simple categories to help you grasp them easily.


1. Getting Started:

You Don’t Have to Be Perfect

  • Why did I click on this headline?
  • What makes this piece engaging or boring?
  • How does the writer structure their thoughts?
  • What topics excite you in everyday conversations?
  • What problems do people always ask you for advice on?
  • What do you find easy that others struggle with?

2. The Power of Consistency
Key Takeaways:

  • Commit to writing regularly (even if it’s just 500 words a day).
  • Focus on progress, not perfection.
  • Understand that results take time—writing is a marathon, not a sprint.

3. Writing for an Audience: 

Serve, Don’t Just Sell

  • Does this piece add value to my readers?
  • Am I answering a question or solving a problem?
  • Is my writing clear and easy to understand?

4. Making Money: Multiple Income Streams
1. Freelance Writing
  • Websites like Upwork, Fiverr, and ProBlogger connect writers with clients.
  • Specialize in a niche (tech, finance, health, etc.) to stand out.
  • Charge competitive rates—$100+ per article is possible with experience.
2. Blogging
  • Start your own blog and monetize it with ads, sponsored posts, or affiliate marketing.
  • Write about topics that attract traffic and have monetization potential.
  • Platforms like Medium and Substack also allow you to earn from your articles.
3. Self-Publishing
  • Write and sell eBooks on Amazon Kindle or Gumroad.
  • Offer paid courses or guides based on your expertise.
4. Copywriting
  • Businesses pay well for persuasive writing (ads, sales pages, email marketing).
  • Copywriting is a high-income skill with six-figure potential.
5. Ghostwriting
  • Many successful entrepreneurs need writers to create content for them.
  • Ghostwriting for blogs, books, or LinkedIn can be extremely profitable.

5. The Mindset for Long-Term Success
  • They treat writing like a business, not a hobby.
  • They keep improving by reading, practicing, and learning from feedback.
  • They don’t let failure or rejection stop them.

Final Thoughts

Many aspiring writers hesitate because they feel their writing isn’t good enough. The truth is, no one starts as an expert. Every successful writer you see today was once a beginner.

Your early work will likely be rough, but that’s okay. Growth comes with practice. The more you write, the better you become. As Octavia E. Butler said:

"You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing rubbish and thinking it’s good, and then gradually, you get better at it."

One of the best ways to improve is by analyzing other people’s work. When you read articles, ask yourself:

By studying others, you’ll develop your own unique voice and writing style.

Most importantly, you don’t need to feel like a “real writer” to start. Writing isn’t about labels; it’s about action. If you write consistently, you are already a writer.

To figure out what to write about, ask yourself:

If there’s one secret to making money online, it’s consistency.

Writing is like building a muscle—the more you do it, the stronger you get. Every article you publish is a chance to improve your skills and grow your audience. Many people fail not because they lack talent but because they give up too soon.

Success doesn’t come overnight. It comes from showing up regularly, even on days when you don’t feel inspired.

One of the biggest mistakes writers make is focusing too much on themselves. If you want to earn money online, shift your mindset from What can I get? to How can I serve?

People will only pay for your writing if it helps them in some way—whether it’s solving a problem, providing entertainment, or offering valuable insights.

Before publishing an article, ask yourself:

The more you focus on serving your audience, the more successful you’ll become.

Once you develop your writing skills, there are several ways to turn them into a steady income. Here are some of the best ways to earn over $5,000 monthly from writing:

By combining multiple income streams, you can easily surpass $5,000 per month.

Making money from writing isn’t about chasing viral posts or quick wins. It’s about playing the long game.

Many people believe that one viral article or one high-paying client will change their career. While big wins help, sustainable success comes from consistency, learning, and adapting.

Here’s what separates successful writers from those who quit:

Writing online is one of the most rewarding and flexible careers. It allows you to work from anywhere, build financial independence, and impact people’s lives with your words.

The key to success? Start now, stay consistent, focus on your audience, and explore multiple income streams.

Millions of people read my words today, but it all started with a single article. If I can do it, so can you.

Now, it’s your turn—pick up your pen (or keyboard) and start writing your way to financial freedom!

What is financial freedom and how to achieve it


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post